Qualifications & Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of a cocktail server are to serve both our hotel and local guests in a manner that adheres to the Mobil 5 Star standards. Cocktail servers must be clean, organized, and extremely professional with knowledge of classic cocktails, wine, and spirits.
The individual will report directly to The Bar manager.
• Experience: Minimum two years of serving experience in the food and beverage industry at a fine dining, luxury, or ultra-luxury environment preferred.
• Education: High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Must be able to take guests food and drink orders and be able to answer questions regarding food, wine, and spirits while adhering to the Mobil 5 Star standards of service.
• Technical Skills: Must have strong communication skills in order to properly converse with customers as well as the other members of the staff; knowledge of hotel/restaurant/bar operations in order to anticipate guests’ needs and how to appropriately manage various business levels.