The Pub Manager shall have the primary responsibility for pub operations, food planning and customer service for Heritage Park members and their guests. The Pub Manager shall oversee all Pub activities, marketing, promotions and coordinate all outside food purchases and catering services for the Clubhouse. The Pub Manager shall provide direct supervision and scheduling of kitchen and bar staff, and communicate with the General Manager as necessary to provide timely sales and costing analysis. The Pub Manager may coordinate private parties and interact with clubs and committees where there is an opportunity to generate revenue for the Pub.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take responsibility for the business performance of the Pub.
- Plan and analyze pub and event sales levels and profitability.
- Establish and maintain a Point of Sale System for the pub and food sales.
- Organize marketing activities such as discount promotions and special events.
- Create and implement marketing concepts to help drive business.
- Planning and coordinating menu items and analysis of cost of goods sold.
- Provide weekly reports including staff control, food control and sales reports.
- Identify and estimate foods, beverages and supplies. Complete regularly scheduled inventories.
- Learn and utilize Merit's processes.
- Place orders with suppliers and schedule deliveries.
- Resolve customer complaints about food/drink quality or service.
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene and health and safety.
- Coordinate agency compliance inspections and permit requirements.
- Ensure that all Pub staff and owner volunteers have the proper accreditation and license to cook and/or serve food and beverage.
- Coordinate scheduling of volunteers and support staff.
- Attend Pub Committee meetings to solicit feedback on operations.
- Provide support for planning and executing events.
- Coordinate with Facilities Manager for event set ups and equipment requirements.
- Attend monthly Board meetings as required.
- Schedule regular maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Provide hands on assistance in all areas of the Pub as needed.
- Follows quality system procedures.
- Train hired staff and owner volunteers on proper table and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule and supervise kitchen and bar employees.
- Hold weekly team meetings with pub and kitchen staff.
- Recruit, train and motivate pub employees as necessary.
- Perform related administrative functions including payroll approvals and budgeting.
- Perform staff evaluations and counseling.
- Write and provide monthly cost of sales and labor reports describing needed adjustments if Pub is not hitting its targets.
- Write yearly budget and objectives for Pub.
- Analyze event costs and profitability.
The individual is required to have a minimum of 3 years experience as a restaurant / kitchen manager in a restaurant, Clubhouse or similar on-site recreational facility. Knowledge of inventory, portion control, food cost analysis, meal planning and presentation is essential. Knowledge of dining room service and scheduling is required. Knowledge of bar controls and ability to bar tend is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work independently and adjust daily workload as priorities change.
- Must be able to handle the stress and pressure of the position.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel at an intermediate level.
- Must have reliable transportation; possess current California driver’s license and the current state mandated vehicle insurance.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with the Board, vendors and clients, verbally and through written correspondence.
- Must be customer-service oriented with the ability to work with the volunteer clientele.
- Must be resourceful and a creative problem solver.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Must be detail oriented.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Some college desirable. Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Department of Alcohol and Beverage Control RBC Certification. Certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
Food Handler Manager Certification required.
Full time, exempt position, the hours are based on what is needed to perform the job. Typical schedule, Monday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. However, due to the needs of the business evening, weekend and other hours may be required to work events, holidays, and attend meetings. Working some weekends each month is required.
MERIT Property Management, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job