Hyperion Biotechnology is seeking a Public Affairs Assistant/Administrative Assistant to support the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) in Silver Spring, MD. The position is 30% public affairs and 70% admin.
- Editor (with webmaster) of newsletter.
- Manage editorial calendar/content/racks input/arranges photos (MAVS).
- Maintain a routine review calendar of the NMRC website to determine if changes need to be made/coordinate with NMRC PAO who has oversight review of web content.
- Manage content/slide input to the WRAIR Kiosk (internal announcements, etc.)
- Create and maintain a digital photo library of existing photos and arrange for NMRC directorate photos.
- Provide on-site supervision of contractor personnel herein.
- Assist BUMED PAOs when NMRC PAO is not available.
- Work logistics for NMRC PAO visits, meetings, etc.
- Assist with the routine coordination of the NMSC VI project (and other special projects).
- Liaison with NMRC Public Affairs community on routine matters.
- Develop at least one public affairs related item per week for the NMRC Plan of the Week.
- Assist with planning and organizing special events sponsored by NMRC.
- Explore the social media side and NMRC options in this arena.
- Interact with news media representatives on routine matters, i.e. work logistics for NMRC interviews.
- Compile/maintain library of public affairs training material relevant to the NMRC enterprise PAO community.
- Maintain the Command video display case.
- Answer phones in the NMRC HQ/Command Suite or Administration Department.
- Draft official Navy correspondence, memoranda, and emails.
- Monitor supply levels and recommend ordering of supplies.
- Assist with scheduling meetings and briefings for NMRC HQ staff.
- Prepare meeting minutes for weekly meetings.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study with public relations/public affairs experience or course work.
- Knowledge of developing marketing packages, including newsletters, media kits, brochures, trade show displays, and other information products.
- Ability to interact with new media on routine matters, work logistics for NMRC interviews (general interactions/logistics).
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team leader.
- Type at least 50 wpm.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Experience with customer service operations.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
To apply: Please submit your resume / CV through this website only. No phone calls. Include your availability, citizenship or visa status, desired salary, and references.
Hyperion Biotechnology does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference.
If you would like to voluntarily self-identify, please click on the following link:
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. No question on this form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. The company is required by federal regulations to report information as requested below.
Your contribution of this information is completely voluntary and in no way affects the decision regarding your employment opportunity. The information you provide is strictly confidential and will be maintained separate from your application form.