Employer will not sponsor visas for position
Duties will include a sampling of the four core components essential for day-to-day functions of the Government & Public Affairs department.
For the duration of this internship, the candidate(s) will foster many professional relationships throughout the CITGO organization and the community including local media representatives and elected officials.
- Communications—writing press releases, assisting with stories for the quarterly employee newsletter, photography, assisting with creative concepts for local advertising, coordinating local media buys and ad placements, implementing AP style in a professional environment
- Employee Relations—assisting with the coordination of events for CITGO employees and family
- Community Relations—coordinating sponsorships/contributions, participating in Team CITGO volunteer events and assisting with Partners in Education events
- Government Relations—coordinating events and/or speaking engagements with our local legislative delegation and elected officials
CITGO's Attractive Benefits:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Sliding salary scale based on classification
- Relocation assistance available
- Full-time college level student, majoring in Communications, Journalism
- GPA of 3.0 or above (A=4.0)
- Must be at least a junior level student
The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a
CITGO Petroleum Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
From the get-go CITGO Petroleum has been refining and marketing petroleum products, including jet fuel, diesel fuel, heating oils, and...