The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women's empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
The Public Affairs team supports a full range of foundation-wide communications, including working with television, radio, print and digital press, production of marketing and communications materials, event production, and more to help connect people to the work of the UN Foundation.
- Full-time (30+ hours/week)
- Assist with drafting press releases, statements, memos, and stories of impact and other materials.
- Assist in monitoring press on UN Foundation and UN issues—scanning for news stories on the UN and/or issues affecting the U.S. – UN relationship for circulation and the UN Foundation website, as well as, assist with determining which media contacts and outlets we should pursue in our outreach.
- Provide support with Press Database Maintenance.
- Provide support with large mailings and communications outreach projects, press calls, press release distribution, and helps with UNF-sponsored special events.
- Support the overall work of the Public Affairs team, including, but not limited to, the collection and analysis of media clips and reports, event and meeting preparation, press outreach and follow-up, and preparation of press kits and presentations.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university with a demonstrated interest in the UN and international development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Background in marketing/communications or public relations preferred.
- Experience in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of international development will be an advantage.
Benefits & Compensation:
The United Nations Foundation offers
semester-long full and part-time internships during the following:
- *Fall: September-December
- *Spring: January-April
- *Summer: May-August
*Please note that actual internship dates may vary slightly.
United Nations Foundation - 7 months ago
Though its primary goal is to promote humanitarianism, the United Nations (UN) is much more than a peace and love cultural movement....