The Public Area Attendants primary responsibility is to execute and maintain the overall cleanliness of all public areas of the hotel. The Public Area Attendant is to act as an ambassador of the hotel by providing any and all information requested by guests including hotel amenities, area attractions, and restaurants. They are to demonstrate the G.U.E.S.T and L.E.A.D.E.R at all times when interacting with guest to ensure a positive experience.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
High School diploma/ GED - preferred
Customer Service experience – required
Previous housekeeping experience - preferred
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
90% - Cleaning & Guest Service / 10 % - Departmental Training & Meetings
- Ensures positive guest experience by utilizing the GUEST service standards and LEADER recovery steps
- Arrive to work on time and in proper uniform
- Arrive to work with a positive attitude
- Participate in daily line-up and regular training/departmental meetings
- Clean all public areas of the hotel with the proper chemicals/tools according to hotel standards to ensure positive guest experience.
- Follow daily railroad schedule of assigned tasks to ensure all areas are cleaned and maintained properly.
- Vacuum and dust as needed
- Empty trash containers in all public areas/café/executive offices on throughout day and according to railroad schedules.
- Replenish/refresh public area restrooms/fitness center/pool deck throughout day to ensure adequate supplies for guest use.
- Adhere to safety guidelines
- Respond promptly to guest requests
- Manage time efficiently to meet commitments
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
Strong organizational skills
Ability to balance a variety of tasks while maintaining the highest of quality standards
Ability to read/recognize various tools and chemicals used throughout the cleaning process
Kessler Grand Performer Attributes
G.U.E.S.T. Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Push a room cart filled with all supplies necessary to perform job; up to 50 pounds
- Push a vacuum cleaner
- Reaching high above head (dusting)
- Crouching/kneeling (bathtubs, showers, floors)
- Climbing (some rooms are multi-story & require climbing of stairs)
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Kessler Collection - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard