The Louis Berger Group, Inc. (LBG), a top 25 ENR firm is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, planning, federal contracting, and environmental consulting firm with rewarding opportunities. LBG is currently seeking a Public Assistance Coordinator to work in Toms River, NJ.
Duration: 3 to 6 months initially in Toms River, NJ, with long term opportunities in possibly other LBG offices ( Morristown, NJ, Exton, PA or within the vicinity of the central NJ area) .
Role & responsibilities:
The position may require travel beyond the initial term to other project locations. Daily tasks may include but not limited to coordination of disaster recovery activities, scheduling and cost control, client interaction, deliverable preparation, proposal preparation, document coordination and related administrative tasks.
Possible Job Duties
· Provide technical assistance to the client in relation to the FEMA regulations associated with the Public Assistance program
· Establish partnerships with FEMA, State and applicant
· Provide program oversight and expert technical assistance on recovery planning and community development related policies, principles, and procedures
· Conduct site visits, including to temporary debris storage and reduction sites/landfills
· Work closely with local officials to ensure all work is in compliance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) guidelines as well as other federal, state and local requirements
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert and apply technical expertise to mitigation and emergency management projects including areas such as hazard identification and risk assessment; disaster and mitigation project scoping, analysis, and review; benefit cost analysis; development and delivery of training materials; and analysis of building codes and standards as they relate to disaster-impacted facilities
· Develop scopes of work and related costs estimates for damaged infrastructure
· Coordinate with FEMA and State Environmental agencies on environmental issues and historic guidance
· Provide strong adaptability skills in converting insurance knowledge for use in the FEMA Public Assistance Program and guidelines/ disaster recovery discipline, including NFIP
· Provide guidance on applicant’s supporting documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable FEMA policies and procedures
· Assist in the Private Property Debris Removal and Demolition Program
· Assist in developing of demolition plans with applicants
· Review of Right of Entry permits and hold harmless agreements
· Coordinate applicant closeout procedures and agreements
· Plan/ organizes administrative, operational, budgetary or other activities
· Provides liaison and staff support to a variety of localities and government administrators
· Conduct both parametric and detailed cost analysis of various municipal structures including, but not limited to; schools, libraries, police and fire stations, water treatment facilities, and public transit systems
· Cost Estimators will develop detailed project worksheets, identify scope of eligible work for projects, including cause and dimensions of damage, and the work necessary to repair the damage, and produce efficient, traceable, verifiable and defendable cost estimates meeting the quality review requirements of FEMA.
· 4+ years experience in FEMA, State or Local Public Assistance program as project officer, grant manager or project specialist
· Completion of FEMA/EMI Advanced Professional Series or Professional Development Series, ICS series and/or PA Ops 1
· Knowledge of Federal and State Recovery Programs and Initiatives, Public Assistance and its implementing regulations
· Knowledge and experience with engineering principles and practices as they relate to PA programs
· Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of a wide variety of grants administration issues and problems
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a changing work environment.
· Ability to work independently and/or on a team
· Strong organizational and research skills
· Comfortable interacting with Clients and Client Stakeholders
· Proficient computer skills: (including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat Professional
· Knowledge of Federal and State Recovery Programs and Initiatives
· Knowledge and experience with FEMA Regulations
· Knowledge of NFIP
· Strong Knowledge in converting insurance knowledge for use in the public assistance/disaster recovery discipline.
· Experience Utilizing FEMA's Cost Estimating Format in development of estimates for Project Worksheets
· Experience coordinating scope/estimating efforts with PO's/PAC's
· Experience with hazard mitigation; and improved/alternate project scenarios creation
· Understanding of cost estimating procedures
· Previous experience using RS Means Cost Data or similar national cost data sources
· Ability and willingness to travel.
· Must have a valid driving license
· Must have strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
· Experience in federal policy, law and other regulations a plus
· Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
· Available to provide on-call support in accordance with predefined on call schedules and processes
Education & skill requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering/related technical field, business or similar or the equivalent combination of education/work experience in field of practice is preferred.
· Proficient in computer skills, MS-Suite of tools etc.
Possible Working Conditions:
· May require deployment within 24 hours of notification
· Must be able to commit for a minimum 90-day assignment and be able to travel
· May be irregular/extended work hours
· May work at other locations than originally assigned
· May require to relocate to emergency sites that require functioning under intense physical and mental stress
Applicants must state in their applications whether they have current eligibility to work in the US. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Preference will be given to candidates living in the proximity of the work location.
Interested candidates please apply by clicking at the link: http://louisberger.com/resume/res_form/res_form.php
Please have your resume ready to upload, formatted as a .doc, .rtf. or .pdf with your name and no other characters in the filename. Other formats will not upload correctly to the candidate database on www.louisberger.com .
Please include salary history/requirements in the cover letter when responding.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc - 15 months ago
The Louis Berger Group provides civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineering services for commercial and...