Public Finance Associate - 1300192
: Job Summary:
Under general direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience, to perform analytical evaluations, client/deal management, and new business support functions as part of a Public Finance team. May specialize in a specific sector such as Healthcare or Housing, or work as a generalist focusing on a specific geographic region or multiple regions or sectors. Extensive contact with clients is required for client coverage and building or maintaining client relationships. Involved in structuring activities, and have developed the experience to function as a secondary person when handling client meetings on matters related to a financing. May also serve as the secondary person for relationships with clients, but not as a key contact. Leads large or multiple projects with significant scope and impact. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectives in achieving specified results. Identify, research, analyze, and resolve complex issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to senior associates and investment bankers for public finance transactions related to financing needs of local governmental and not-for-profit entities.
- Assists with some aspects of deal/client management, including preparation of analytics for staff and board members.
- May have interaction with credit rating and enhancement community.
- Assists with the coordination with bond counsel and other members of client's legal team.
- Assists in completing financing tasks related to executing transactions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fixed income procedures and regulatory requirements, transactions and client relationships.
- Financial concepts, practices, and procedures used within the securities industry.
- Local governmental and not-for-profit issuers of debt.
- Financial Markets and Products.
- Basic business case analysis.
- Quantitative financial analysis and data modeling.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce documents such as reports, graphics, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Organization sufficient to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Qualitative and Quantitative analysis sufficient to make recommendations and reach conclusions.
- Advanced math and analytical calculations and formulas.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Formulate new transaction proposals and respond to issuers' requests for financing ideas.
- Analyze municipal issuer financial statements and outstanding debt.
- Develop the financial structure and document preparation related to the public issuance of municipal bonds.
- Multi-task and work on a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Efficiently manage time and resources in order to overcome quantitative and analytical challenges as they arise.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Work under stress created by time deadlines and work volume fluctuations.
- Prepare and deliver clear, effective and professional presentations.
- Communicate both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization and external clients.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) in Finance or related field and a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience as a municipal finance analyst
Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training as approved by Human Resources
FINRA Series 7, Series 63 and Series 53 or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire.
Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Our most important investment is in people like you.
Our business is people and their financial well-being.
Founded in 1962,...