Butler Snow, a multi-office, regional law firm, seeks to fill a Public Finance Paralegal position in our Ridgeland, MS office. This is a full time position with a competitive salary, benefits and great in-house training opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Assisting attorneys and other team members with research and drafting of documents, resolutions, etc. for tax-exempt or taxable bond financings for public entities or private companies;
- Working with attorneys and clients to have bond measures placed on election ballots; obtaining, preparing and organizing necessary legal and closing documents;
- Organizing and assisting with document signings with clients and other financing parties; preparing and filing required reporting documents with state and federal agencies;
- Researching and gathering information needed for the preparation of offering documents for the sale of debt financings for public and private entities;
- Drafting, finalizing and distributing offering documents for the sale of debt financings for public and private entities;
- Researching and gathering information for annual filings under continuing disclosure undertakings; preparation of amortization schedules and calculations to provide certain required information for the drafting of resolutions and documents; assisting with the preparation of final closing transcripts;
- and other various related duties and responsibilities determined to be necessary.
- Bachelor s degree and paralegal certificate or appropriate job-related experience;
- Minimum 5 years of law firm experience in public finance (preferred), realestate, corporate, banking and lending, or other transactional practice;
- Proficient in MS Windows-based software applications;
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Exceptional proof-reading, drafting and communication skills, with computer-assisted legal resources;
- Ability to work independently and with a team, plan and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
Butler Snow - 22 months ago