Public Health Analyst (Job Number: 600776)
The Federal Health Operation is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented Public Health Analyst to support a contract with the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA).
Job Description: The purpose of this position is to support data management, quality, and analysis activities against large client level data sets; therefore, this position requires epidemiological, statistical, and database SAS programming expertise. The Public Health Analyst shall be proficient with data management and analysis SAS tools and maintain interpersonal skills for communicating with other health professionals and public health personnel. This position will require proficient knowledge of SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/ODS, SAS/MACRO, and SAS/SQL.
Activities for this job include the ability to:
• Employ advanced SAS programming methods for data cleansing, management, and statistical analysis.
• Write customized SAS Reports
• Conduct quality reviews of data sets, SAS programming, and all final deliverables to insure efficiency/accuracy.
• Write and manage the documentation of data sets according to industry standards and HRSA protocols.
• Maintain datasets and documentation for effective dissemination and communications
• Prepare data to be used in presentations
• Create analytic data files with appropriate data dictionaries
• Write and manage the documentation for data processing and analysis
• Respond to data, analytic, and report writing requests
• Prepare slide presentations using MS PowerPoint
• Write summary reports from analytic findings that includes illustrative tables and figures
• Provide consultation to the team and partners in the collection and analysis of data
Additional activities include:
• Actively participate in team meetings through sharing ideas and contributing to discussions.
• Attend conferences, as requested.
• Collaborate with personnel both on-site and remote.
Master’s degree or higher in public health plus 4 years related experience in statistics or epidemiology with appropriate data management and analysis experience
• Excellent writing skills, and ability to clearly communicate information orally and in writing
• Excellent data management and trouble-shooting skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Extensive SAS programming experience using SAS 9.3
• proficient skills using MS Office, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently, and work effectively within a team
Requires US citizen or permanent resident with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
• 1-2 years geospatial data analysis experience
• 1-2 years SPSS programming experience
• 1 year experience using MS Visio
• Knowledge of MS SQL
Leidos Overview: Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2013, 8:33:49 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in national security,...