Social good consultancy, The Cadmus Group, Inc. seeks a mid-level public health communication and outreach specialist to manage a range of strategic communications projects on public and environmental health, healthcare, and medical issues.
At Cadmus, you will support various federal agencies and research centers, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and nonprofit partners. You will be a key team member leading and managing health marketing and communication efforts targeting health care professionals, environmental organizations, schools and universities, federal agencies, state and local governments, advocacy groups, among others, to raise awareness, share the latest research, science and guidance, change behavior, and build multi-sector collaborations to develop and deploy strategy for public health improvement. Typical projects that you will lead, organize, staff, and manage client relations on include: partnership-building and facilitation efforts; development of technical guidance and support tools; systems change campaign design, implementation and evaluation; online community building, education, and outreach; health communications material development, including written, audio, video, and graphical communications, marketing materials, media materials, event materials, and more.
• Manage timeline, budget and deliverables for public health-focused projects for multiple federal agency clients.
• Develop, implement and evaluate comprehensive outreach and marketing campaigns for promoting public health initiatives, with an increasing focus on social media outreach.
• Develop technical guidance documents for practitioner use in the field to protect and promote occupant and worker health in homes, schools and commercial buildings.
• Identify potential stakeholder partnerships and foster relationships that further public health programs.
• Lead complex projects and highly technical project teams, and provide mentorship and support to staff.
• Manage research analysts and junior communications professionals to support your client projects and to develop their consulting skills, professional skills and personal/professional development in the strategy and communications consulting field.
• Contribute to business growth opportunities as requested by senior staff, including supporting proposal development, attending conferences on behalf of the firm, presenting original research and thinking in public forums, and developing relationships on behalf of the firm.
• Master of Public Health (MPH) or a Master of Science in Public Health (MSPH) is required. Extensive coursework in the sciences and comfort/experience with a broad range of scientific and technical principles and subjects is preferred.
• Four to six years of experience in managing communication programs, leading research projects, and supporting health communications, preferably in support of contracts with government health agencies including EPA, NIH, and CDC.
o Experience in the non-profit health sector or state health programs may be substituted for experience working in federal government contracting, but must include substantial project/grant management experience and significant interactions with funders and other external stakeholders.
• Exemplary project management and consulting skills with experience leading complex projects with multiple moving pieces and large project teams, tracking budget and deliverable timelines, being fully responsible for deliverable quality and client satisfaction.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Experience with health literacy and plain-language communications and medical/science writing is strongly preferred.
• Active engagement in the broader public health community (e.g., publishes research, speaks at conferences).
This position is located in our Arlington, Virginia, or Bethesda, Maryland office and may require occasional travel.
Cadmus is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Cadmus Group, Inc. - 30+ days ago