POSTING TYPE: Open Competitive
DEPARTMENT: Public Health
HOURS: Various - current position is .9 fte
HIRING RANGE: $51,900 - $56,900/year C42 DBM Level
LOCATION: Various - current position is located in West St. Paul
UNION: Minnesota Nurses Association
CLOSE DATE: Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for managing requests from the public and providers for department and community services, determining eligibility for public health programs and providing public health nursing services to promote and improve or maintain the health and safety of Dakota County citizens.
· Bachelor's degree in Nursing
· Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Minnesota.
. Registration as a Public Health Nurse in Minnesota.
. Valid Driver's License
Preferred Experience beyond Minimum Qualifications:
. Prior professional nursing experience in acute care or community-based settings.
. Experience with women and/or children's health is highly desired.
. Fluency in Spanish is highly desired.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Determine eligibility for public health programs and manage service requests for department and community services.
2. Conduct a holistic assessment of client/family needs in a culturally sensitive manner by using independent nursing assessment skills and professional judgment.
3. Develop and implement nursing intervention plans based on nursing diagnosis to insure achievement of timely client outcomes.
4. Perform case management functions such as monitoring the quality of services, identifying service gaps, and ensuring services are delivered within authorized budget.
5. Direct paraprofessional staff in delivery of client services.
6. Provide health consultation and education on individual, and community levels through direct client service, collaboration with other health care providers, and by participating in community task forces, to plan for and ensure service coordination with community agencies.
7. Complete prescribed forms and documents in accordance with department policies and procedures and professional standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
. Considerable knowledge of the health care delivery system.
. Working knowledge of public health principles, programs, and services.
. Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, policies, and reimbursement mechanisms pertaining to public health services.
. Knowledge of pathophysiology.
. Knowledge of counseling and education methods and concepts.
. Knowledge of community resources.
. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
. Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
. Ability to solve problems effectively.
. Ability to be an effective team leader and member.
. Ability to perform computer and program related software.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed within a County office building and on client home visits. Travel is required. Exposure to hazardous physical conditions such as environmental conditions of unsanitary homes and property, unsafe neighborhoods, challenging and potentially violent and unpredictable clients and family members, pets, and animals; exposure to atmospheric conditions such as chemicals, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, and cigarette smoke; exposure to hazardous materials such as chemicals, blood, and other body fluids; extreme temperatures; inadequate lighting; intense noise, and work space restricting movement may occur on visits to client's homes. Lifting requirement of up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis. May require lifting of up to 100 pounds on an infrequent basis. Equipment used may include, but is not limited to, computer, printer, telephone, typewriter, calculator, copy and fax machines, TV/ VCR, video camera, nursing supplies and equipment including scales, syringes, hazardous waste, masks, blood pressure equipment and car seats.
SELECTION PROCESS: . The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a rating of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.
Dakota County Employee Relations
Main Number 651.438.4435 (contact 8 a.m - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)
Dakota County - 22 months ago