You must have a current Minnesota RN license and Minnesota PHN certificate number for this assignment. If you do not list your RN and PHN numbers on your application it will not be approved.
To supervise the activities of a specific nursing unit; to develop and supervise specialized health programs; to provide direct professional nursing services and consultation to County residents; and to perform related duties as assigned.
The current vacancy is in the Family Health Section of the St. Paul/Ramsey County Department of Public Health.
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this job, go to: Job Descriptions . Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list of job descriptions.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
- Supervise a clinical working unit that provides direct nursing services to County residents by hiring, scheduling, evaluating, training, and terminating professional, technical and ancillary employees.
- Provide specialized health services to County residents by developing, implementing and supervising a specific clinical unit in an area such as occupational health, neighborhood based nursing services.
- Provide health education services by planning and conducting training sessions within the agency and the community.
- Recommend implementation of health care programs to the section manager, department head, County Board and funding sources by researching pertinent legislation, health care trends, and community needs; by interpreting results of data collections; identify service delivery strategies and resources; and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ensure staff and program compliance with regulatory standards by keeping abreast of pertinent statutory and policy changes.
- Coordinate services and provide professional nursing consultation to other health care providers and community groups by participating on planning teams, task forces, and in hearings whose goal it is to develop programs responsive to community health care needs.
- Provide direct nursing services to individuals, families and groups by making health assessments, teaching, counseling and administering skilled nursing treatments.
- Assure quality care, cost containment, and appropriate level of service by establishing, monitoring, and evaluating contracts with health care vendors and provide on-site evaluation and consultation to vendor-supplied employees.
Education: Master's Degree in public health nursing or a related discipline.
Experience: Three years' experience as a Public Health Nurse, Nurse Supervisor or equivalent.
Other: Registered Nurse Licensure in the State of Minnesota, a Public Health Nurse and a valid drivers' license.
Substitution: A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and five years' experience as a Nurse in Public Health, or supervisory position, or equivalent may substitute for the education and experience requirements stated above.
Exam/Screening Process Information:
Examination: NO EXAMINATION WILL BE GIVEN FOR PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE CLINICIAN.
The names of all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications stated above and who file a properly completed application and supplemental application will be placed on the eligible list for employment.
Names will remain on the list for six months or until hired, whichever occurs first. A notice will be sent to applicants at the time of posting of the eligible list.
Applicants who are eligible for veteran's preference should submit or update their veteran's claim form as soon as possible.
Criminal Background Checks: All employment offers are conditioned upon the applicant passing a criminal background check. Convictions are not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered on its individual merits and the type of work sought. However, making false statements or withholding information will cause you to be barred from employment, or removed from employment.
For further information regarding this posting, please contact Jennifer Otley at email@example.com or by phone at (651) 266-2721.
Ramsey County, MN - 15 months ago