Primarily responsible for developing and promoting a favorable public brand image for a SOLON. Through a wide range of channels, including writing and editing press releases, speeches, presentations, web copy, and other promotional documents. In addition, the public relations specialist will be responsible for building up SOLON’s in-house media relations, and will play a key role in building SOLON’s brand on a regional and national level. The public relations specialist will be a key member of SOLON’s marketing team and report to the director of marketing and communications.
Works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to maintain active list of release topics and talking points, as well as creating annual and quarterly PR strategy plans.
Executes PR plans.
Writes and edits press releases and related material. Co-authors articles on technical and non-technical topics.
Develops and pitches ideas and articles across media that will reach SOLON’s target markets.
Manages and develops meaningful relationships with media, writers, and analysts, including print journalists, broadcast television, bloggers, radio journalists, and industry analysts.
Pitches and follows up with all SOLON stories. Serves as a SOLON company spokesperson in appropriate circumstances.
Develops SOLON press materials/press kits, including messaging, press releases, Q&A’s, FAQs and major talking points for all events and general reference material.
Creates and distributes quarterly SOLON briefs for analysts and internal distribution.
Identifies, tracks, creates and submits abstracts for appropriate speaking opportunities for SOLON senior executives, bylines for appropriate article opportunities for SOLON, and appropriate award opportunities.
Provides reports such as weekly activity report and quarterly competitive analyses.
Maintains SOLON clippings book.
Provides active media and positioning coaching.
- BA in communications or public relations with an emphasis on courses in communications, journalism, creative writing and/or public speaking.
- 5+ years in public relations, focusing on media relations. Some in-house experience preferred.
- Some established relationships with key/senior media contacts in consumer, business, solar, and clean tech press preferred.
- Solar industry contacts/experience a plus.
- Proven ability to build meaningful relationships with key people across print, television, blogging, etc.
- Strong presentation capabilities.
- Exceptional verbal and writing communication skills – you must be able to communicate with diverse audiences. Able to simplify complex products or concepts into a good media story.
- Ability to think strategically while executing key tactical elements for PR programs.
- Comfortable with managing many projects at once.
- Previous experience working with a growing brand a plus.
- Able to generate and communicate complex/technical information clearly, simply, and concisely.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with limited resources.
- Proactive, energetic, efficient, resourceful team player with a dedication to excellence.
- High levels of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to interact with all levels in the company.
- Ability to tell the story and translate and make relevant to a variety of audiences including external, internal, analysts, executives.
- Some travel required, approximately 5-10%.
PennEnergyJobs - 9 months ago
The SOLON AG was founded in 1997 and, upon going public in 1998, was the first quoted solar enterprise in Germany.
SOLON is one of the lea...