Chipotle Mexican Grill is headquartered in Denver, Colorado where most of our Marketing team is located. The Public Relations (PR) & Social Media Consultant provides support to that Marketing team, with primary emphasis in PR, Communications, and Social Media.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate will
- Assisting Media Relations, Communications, and Social Media groups (e.g., responding to media inquiries, which could include getting information from other internal departments; assisting internal Marketing spokespeople; making posts or responding to posts on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Writing and editing media communications, including press releases, background materials, executive biographies, media pitches, etc.
- Fulfilling requests from field PR agencies for media materials, branded merchandise, and other Chipotle specific information requests
- Gathering miscellaneous information from various groups within the Marketing department as well as other internal departments, and updating that information on a quarterly basis; information could be things such as items for The Pepper employee newsletter, data for food fact database, current number of Restaurateurs, etc.
- Using available tools, collecting predetermined metrics on traditional and social media effectiveness, and creating summaries and reports for Marketing management
- Drafting copy for internal communications, including newsletters and other companywide communications
- At the direction of Marketing management, distributing news releases and other media communications internally and/or externally
- Tracking public relations and social media budgets against overall marketing budget
- Coordinating inbound and outbound information requests to and from field PR, traditional media agencies/social media, and other vendors on new projects
- Providing additional administrative support on public relations, communications, and social media requests, as needed
- Travelling for Marketing conferences and regional visits, as needed
- Have one (1) to two (2) years experience in PR or marketing communications, preferably in an agency setting or in a public relations/marketing communications department with a dynamic, progressive organization
- Possess a strong knowledge of and the ability to use a PC as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Have strong writing, organization, communication, and time management skills
- Have first-hand knowledge of and experience in media relations, PR and social media
- Have personal and professional knowledge and experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, location-based applications, and measurement tools
- Have a strong technological understanding, including but not limited to, internet browsers, digital cameras, smart phones and smart phone apps
1401 Wynkoop Street
Dec 28, 2011, 2:41:20 PM
When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. We use high-quality...