The San Francisco office of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM) is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to work in the marketing department of a world class, premier design firm as the Public Relations and Communications Coordinator. Candidates must have writing, editing, and research experience with an exceptional eye for visual composition. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. A highly motivated, inspired self-starter will have a unique opportunity to work directly with individuals in all areas of the design firm.
- Work directly with Partners, Directors, designers, project managers and the marketing team to realize a variety of special projects and presentations including portfolios, case study books, and presentation material.
- Maintain online PR and project information databases for electronic press and editorial related files.
- Maintain archiving system for press, proposals, project photography and other marketing collateral.
- Conduct comprehensive research on special topics.
- Work with Marketing team and firm-wide PR group to create proactive PR programs in support of strategic objectives.
- Maintain strong media contact network and build new contacts.
- Write media releases, articles, web features, social media content and media collateral as needed.
- Consistently seek out new opportunities to place SOM people/stories in client-facing media and speaking opportunities throughout the Region.
- Respond to special requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in a PR or related position.
- Experience with a design or professional services firm is highly desirable.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive, proactive approach to the role.
- Able to communicate and work with all levels of SOM staff, coworkers, and external parties.
- Team player—collaborative, reliable, flexible, and cooperative—who works well with senior staff and marketing team.
- Good organization skills and attention to details: ability to prioritize, work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Understands what makes a story attractive to journalists and is able to articulate it.
- Knowledge of digital image procedures for press, screen and web, including social media.
- Understanding of photographic rights issues and processes, including working with photographers.
- Proficient with MS Office package and Adobe CS6, specifically InDesign.
- Ability to manage multiple deadline driven projects simultaneously.
- A bachelor’s degree.
Please submit resume and cover letter at www.som.com/careers under the SF - Public Relations & Communications Coordinator requisition. Thanks!