As Public Relations & Communications Specialist at Urban Compass, you will spearhead the public relations and social media strategy for a fun and groundbreaking New York City start-up. You will work collaboratively with team members across departments in a fresh, fast-paced and exciting start-up environment. You will have ownership over multiple projects, from genesis to the details of execution, and will work closely with our Marketing and Strategic Partnerships and the Product departments on public relations, press and marketing strategies.
- Serve as key point person in connection with Urban Compass’s social media strategy.
- Develop, drive and execute Urban Compass’s public relations strategy.
- Interface and cultivate relationships with the press.
- Generate creative opportunities to showcase Urban Compass.
- Manage external events and logistics, including but not limited to speaking engagements, planning and presenting news conferences, meetings and conventions.
- Manage community outreach and events as needed.
Please submit (i) a sample blog post or press release or (ii) a strong published article promoting a represented product.
- B.A./B.S. in communications, journalism or public relations or related field of study.
- +2 years experience in Communications/PR at a leading consumer web company.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and complete tasks.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that is revolutionizing traditional brokerage. We’re bringing together some of the...