Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
Canon U.S.A's extensive product line and digital solutions enable businesses and consumers worldwide to capture, store and distribute information.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office
The Public Relations Associate Specialist assists in the implementation of public relations activities and events to help promote and support the objectives, and business goals of the organization. In addition, the Associate Specialist executes public relations activities, such as managing media lists, writing and distributing press materials, creating and distributing media coverage reports, and fielding incoming media inquiries.
- Drafts/develops pitch letters, media advisories, press releases, photo captions and other forms of media correspondence
- Distributes press releases internally and externally via wire services Canon Web site, Daily News Summary, virtual press kit, etc
- Conducts daily media relations outreach to Local, business, trade and professional media in support of Corporate initiatives
- Works closely with PR team to execute day-to-day PR responsibilities such as daily monitoring of PR account and assist in compiling the Daily News Summary
- Assists in the planning and implementation of public relations events
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Public Relations, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years public relations experience is required
- This position will require the incumbent to travel approximately 25%
Canon USA - 11 months ago
Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital...