Montieth & Company is a growing boutique strategic marketing communications consultancy (www.montiethco.com) that provides counsel on marketing communications, corporate and financial communications, litigation matters, and issues and crisis management.
Montieth & Company works on some of the most significant stories making headlines today. Our clients are global industry leaders in the financial and professional services, natural resources, security and intelligence and the non-profit sectors.
Our New York office has an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join our team of professionals. We are seeking a highly organized individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate is a “news hound”, a creative thinker, has stellar interpersonal skills, and is also a self-motivated team player. This Associate role requires a minimum of two to three years PR agency experience. It will combine core support duties for the account management leaders with significant opportunities to advance through client work. Montieth & Company services clients through its unique “Partner and Associate” model which provides direct involvement in account work and growth opportunities.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Daily media monitoring
- Daily account management activities
- Managing monthly client reports and billing
- Daily administrative duties
- Current and prospective client research, as well as industry analysis
- Drafting press materials and client correspondence
- Using Cision to support the account teams
- BA or BS in Business, Liberal Arts or related degree
- At least two to three years of experience in public relations
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the news media
- Strong organizational and written communication skills
- Must possess initiative and creativity
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
Montieth & Company is an equal opportunity employer.