Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
Higher One is seeking to hire a Public Relations Coordinator. The PR coordinator will work to maintain Higher One’s favorable public image and protect its reputation. This position will report to the Communications Director and will closely work with staff in the Marketing department. This position will be required to assist or, at some points, be a main liaison for the company with the press.
Working at Higher One
- Become one of the main liaisons between company and press
- Understand and learn company products, services, company philosophy, and positioning
- Assist Communications Director and Public Relations firm with day-to-day tasks
- Manage the SEO/SEM Online Reputation Management program with outside consultant
- Write and distribute press releases
- Work with internal group to monitor and respond to social media chatter
- Monitor, analyze and create reports for press coverage
- Pitch development and industry research; Creative brainstorming to uncover proactive press placement opportunities
- Build relationships with local press to heighten awareness of Higher One CARES community outreach team
Higher One is not your typical financial services company. Our environment is open – we do not have offices – not even for upper management. We typically work in casual attire, and while our focus on excellence is anything but casual, we know how to have fun, too. Teams have been known to plan surprise nerf gun attacks on other departments. We work hard – and we have fun while we do it.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, PR, journalism, or marketing
- At least three years of PR experience. Some previous experience working with the press is a requirement.
- Understanding and experience with corporate social media channels
- Familiarity and experience with Search Engine Marketing and Optimization campaigns
- This candidate should be willing to work outside the PR department and engage in projects and tasks with the Marketing department as a whole
- Long term desire for a career in PR or Marketing Communications preferable; Background or understanding of banking or education industries a plus.
- This candidate must have excellent writing and speaking skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be organized, deadline-oriented, creative, and have the ability to work within a team.
- Must be able to multitask and be involved in high-stress situations on deadline
- Higher One offers flexible schedules, but this position may, at times, require work outside the hours of 9 to 5
- Some travel (10%) may be required
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401K, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- 20 Paid Time Off Days per year
- 8 Holidays per year
- Free lunches
- Free use of on-site fitness facility
- Fun events