Under the direction of the Head of Communications, this position will support the entire communications team at Hulu. This role will assist with the execution of public relations campaigns and events. The PR Coordinator role requires a strong degree of multitasking, a sharp focus for details, an ability to find the humor in chaos and an innate sense of urgency to promptly respond to team and media requests. The PR Coordinator must be clever, thoughtful and tenacious. He/she must have a passion for our industry and the business of communications, a “can-do” attitude and a hunger to master the basics of PR/Communication field. This includes media pitching, industry research, social media, event coordination, press material writing and presentation development.
- Compose first drafts for pitches, blogs, social media
- Maintain central communications hub to ensure the entire team has easy access to
- rthe most current company metrics, stats, and messaging.
Compose messaging documents and executive briefing sheets
Vet panels conferences and other public speaking opportunities
Maintain Hulu messaging and editorial/events calendars
Edit company web site with dynamic, up-to-date metrics and messaging
- Maintain multiple press lists with Cision PR Software
- Assist with event planning and maintaining event costs/budgets
- Compose weekly media recap reports for the executive team
- Create media clipbooks for Hulu original series and other key press events
- Research speaking opportunities and create briefing sheets for executive appearances
- Research industry awards and draft award submissions
- Organize the communications team calendar and weekly agendas
- Perform administrative duties including booking travel and accommodations, organizing expense reports, managing PR equipment, mailing packages, booking team meetings
Hulu's small but growing team is seeking talented people to help build a service that helps people find and enjoy the world's premium content when, where and how they want it. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Hulu may be the place for you. We have high expectations of every member of our team, and we believe this standard helps us to deliver a service that our users call 'brain-spray awesome.' The right person for the job will have the following personal skills:
- 1 - 3 years in Marketing or PR/Communications (agency experience preferred)
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Exceptional writer. Recognized for 'near-perfection' writing and editing skills, often asked to edit the work of others, and knowledge of the AP style of writing/editing
- Exceptional verbal communications skills
- Experience with Cision PR Software. Exceptional with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter, detail-oriented, with strong editing and computer graphics skills
- Team player with leadership skills. Ability and desire to interact with people at all management levels
- Preferred Graphic design experience including use of Adobe Creative Suite (and similar products) and Keynote
- Familiarity with standard marketing/communications concepts and practices
- B.A. in Marketing, Journalism, Business, Communications or related area
Creative : Do you think innovatively and intuitively? Do you see the connections when others don’t? Can you make the leap from information to insight? The right person for the job is able to identify, cultivate and execute breakthrough creative ideas and concepts.
Succinct : Are you as straight-shooter with a knack for keeping things simple? Can you synthesize challenging concepts and communicate them with the greatest of ease? Do you have a quick thinking coupled with a sense of urgency?
Big-Picture Pragmatism : Are a big picture thinker, with a detail-oriented approach? Are you both a thinker and a do-er? Do you want to get your hands dirty with storytelling, while keeping your eyes focused on the future? The right person will be strong on the details and the bigger picture.
High Judgment : Are you friends always asking you for advice when they want to do the right thing? Do you make sound decisions, grounded in moving the business forward? Do you have shrewd common sense and intuition?
Opinionated : Are you an independent thinker willing and able to clearly express and support a point of view? The right person for the job will be able to construct informed and data-driven opinions, and will have the chops to articulate their point of view in an influential way.
Quick : Are your friends always asking you to “slow down”? If so, you need new friends at Hulu because we run fast in the right direction. The right person will move at the appropriately fast clip and will be thrilled to have multiple plates spinning. This person can change course with ease, has a scrappy approach to problem solving, and get things done quickly and professionally.
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.
Hulu - 13 months ago
Hulu is a go-to service for online TV. The company operates an ad-supported website Hulu.com that allows viewers to watch online video...