Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona’s leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, non-denominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, College of Theology, College of Arts and Sciences, and College of Fine Arts and Production.
Grand Canyon University’s Office of Communication and Public Affairs is seeking a full time Director of Public Relations. This position will report to the Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs and be responsible for the development and implementation of the University’s communication and public relations strategy and objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Cultivate and maintain strong media relationships.
- Foster relationships with key media, and fulfill media requests for interviews and information.
- Develop well-crafted news releases, media alerts and creative story ideas to secure coverage.
- Work together with the Communications team and PR agency to develop and execute focused public relations plans to support the University’s strategic objectives and brand.
- Organize and manage news conferences, including media interviews.
- Manage daily relationship with PR agency and communications staff.
- Develop an integrated strategic communications and Public Relations plan designed to enhance the University’s brand.
- Oversee the development and execution of select public relations driven events.
- Work closely with Social Media Strategist in relation to brands, trends, and issues.
- Provide strategic counsel to deans, colleges and university operations on public relations matters.
- Manage annual budgets.
- Establish meaningful relationship with strategic community leaders.
- Must be willing to attend University events on a regular basis, evenings and weekends included.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field. Masters preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Five to ten years’ experience in corporate communications or public relations or related field.
- Knowledge of higher education industry a plus.
- Must have experience working for a publically traded (NYSE or NASDAQ) company.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Good understanding of social media tools and opportunities.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and project management skills.
- Fluency in a Foreign language(s) a plus.
Grand Canyon University’s exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan, Education Tuition Program of up to 100% of tuition costs and a generous holiday and paid time off package. For more information on our benefit programs, please click here.
Grand Canyon University - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential by preparing them to pursue...