The Product PR Manager will help generate awareness and preference for NetApp among internal and external influencers key to NetApp’s market share and revenue growth. The Manager of Product PR will report to the Senior Manager of Product, Solutions and Partners (including Alliance and indirect channel partners) PR, and support NetApp’s earned media planning, strategy, and direction by architecting and implementing PR and influencer programs that help raise awareness around, understanding of, and preference for NetApp solutions and technologies.
The ideal candidate has a broad, rich PR experience that spans media strategy, traditional and non-traditional communications vehicles, and message development and refinement that targets technical and strategic audiences, as well as indirect channel partners. It is essential that the person in this role has an understanding of how to build, execute, merchandise, defend, and advocate a communications strategy. Additionally, the Manager of Product PR must be able to translate key products and technology content into broader and more impactful coverage across IT and business media. Experience designing communications plans that influence both direct and indirect selling models is desirable.
The Product PR Manager will develop and execute various global product PR announcements, activities and initiatives in support of the NetApp portfolio of products and solutions. They will work closely with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Product & Solutions Marketing, Corporate Communications, Digital Marketing, Internal Communications, Executive Communications, Channel Communications, Analyst Relations, and Corporate and Partner Messaging, to understand key objectives and priorities and develop and align actionable PR strategies, plans, and recommended programs that help drive NetApp leadership and innovation in the industry. The person in this role will be key collaborator and contributor in supporting NetApp’s key marketing initiatives and communications priorities.
As a global company, the Product PR Manager will execute global communications programs that elevate NetApp technologies and solutions through measurable PR success metrics. Given the dynamic nature of the Corporate Marketing team and the company’s award-winning culture, a sense of humor and ability to have fun is required. Job Requirements • Trade and business media strategy, messaging, and positioning
- An understanding of how to use social media as strategic communications tool
- Ability to understand business priorities and demonstrate strong judgment in creating and executing a strategic Product PR program
- Act as a strategic advisor to key marketing and business unit leads
- Act as a Product PR champion with thorough knowledge of the products and technologies to develop, implement, and deliver appropriate communication vehicles to achieve desired (and measureable) PR results
- Understanding of industry trends and ability to stay current on various PR tools and trends to develop a successful PR program
- Thorough knowledge of developing, implementing, and delivering the appropriate communication vehicles to achieve the desired PR results
- Ability to collaborate with product and corporate marketing to prioritize and produce technical and strategic content that can be leveraged by global PR and marketing teams across various communications vehicles
- Leverage existing messages and programs from other groups to create a powerful story that media want to write about; create custom messages for journalists to contextualize; architect and deliver a media-centric message program that synergizes with and advances the NetApp business
- Report directly to the Senior Manager of Public Relations on all aspects of the Product PR program
- Provide strategic counsel to executive spokespeople on relevant PR activities and programs Education and Experience • 7-10 years in technology PR, with a combination of agency and in-house experience
- A bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English, or a related concentration
- Experience with the implementation and management of social media tools is preferred
- Experience working in the technology industry; emphasis on storage and data management is helpful
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent planning and execution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Initiative to develop proactive ideas and the ability to articulate, defend, and advocate for a particular program or recommendation
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities; this individual must work effectively with staff to Vice President level employees and employees within and outside of their function and organization.
- Proven track record leveraging earned media to successfully promote and meet business goals
- Ability to produce high quality work under strict and constant deadlines
- Strong project management and organizational skills to work with minimal supervision and manage up as appropriate
- Desire to flourish, collaborate and have fun in a dynamic, team environment Posting Category Marketing Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters) Requisition Number 19829BR
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....