At Altera, we take pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our company is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why Altera is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
Altera Corporation is the pioneer of programmable logic solutions, enabling system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Altera combines the programmable logic technology originally invented in 1983 with software tools, intellectual property, and customer support to provide high-value programmable solutions to over 13,000 customers worldwide. Altera is headquartered in San Jose, California, and employs approximately 3,000 people in 19 countries.
Join a dynamic team of high tech PR professionals in Corporate Marketing at Altera Corporation. This key role for Altera’s worldwide media relations planning and PR program development group works collaboratively with corporate and regional marketing teams on product, technology and business PR. This position develops and implements global public relations programs designed to leverage Altera’s industry perception and meet its communications objectives. This position also works closely with corporate marketing, product marketing, regions and management staff to create product announcements, technology and industry milestone announcements, story development, and press presentations. This position reports into the Senior Manager of Public Relations.
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Science/Engineering or other related field or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years’ experience with similar responsibilities.
- 8+ years in high tech PR (on corporate or agency side).
- Familiar with effective ways to reach industry trade press editors, business reporters, industry analysts and other influencer relationships through media relations, press releases and presentations, press conferences and calls, contributed articles, and social media.
- Possesses professional poise, excellent presentation skills and ability to “read” people, and influencer ability.
- Communication - excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to get message across by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and nature of information. Ability to deal with a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy.
- Collaborating across boundaries - challenges systems, processes and people that block collaboration, connects people, ideas, processes and issues, sets an example by sharing resources, knowledge ideas and skills across the organization, builds helpful, productive relationships across the organization.
- Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change.
- Planning and organization - able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources. Ability to quickly assimilate complex information and take independent action where necessary.
- Resilience - strong ability to work with ambiguity and constantly changing set of circumstances and issues. Manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions and sustaining performance in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy.