This position is responsible for public relations and managing internal and external communications for Oklahoma. Communications includes content, design, production and distribution of internal and external communications to Oklahoma associates, providers and members. Develops communication plans including objectives, strategies and tactics relating to the departments overall and individual communication efforts. Produces or supervises production of new content and content updates for electronic communications via the public website, social media sites, and corporate internet. Assists in the development, coordination and implementation of public and media relations strategies and programs for the Oklahoma division, in cooperation with the corporate media and public relations department. Monitors media coverage and actively pursue opportunities for external communication through the media. Produces or supervises production of press releases, special publications and advertorials. Supervises photographers. Hires, trains and supervises the work of communications staff members.
1) Bachelor degree and 8 years experience in public relations, advertising, promotional or technical writing, or communications field OR 11 years experience in public relations, advertising, promotional/technical writing, or communications field.
2) 3 years experience in a planning or strategy management role.
3) Health care experience and knowledge of managed care products.
4) Experience presenting to upper management or executives.
5) Experience influencing the decision-making process.
6) Experience handling situations with political appropriateness and sensitivity.
7) Written and oral communications skills to develop and sustain internal and external work relationships, develop and review communications materials for external audiences.
8) Experience in developing and implementing strategic planning.
9) Project management experience including leading and monitoring projects.
10.) Personnel management and staff development skills with the ability to lead and motivate staff
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 10 months ago