The Public Relations Manager will serve as an integral member of its in-house Public Relations & 360 Communications Team. Reporting to the Director, Public Relations, this candidate will be responsible for managing the planning, coordination and execution of public relations outreach to further the brand.
- Oversee a wide variety of public relations projects that effectively promote and create consistency around the brand.
- Implement strong writing skills to develop a wide variety of written communications materials from newsletter articles and press releases to fact sheets and Web copy.
- Distribute press materials and proactively pitch the media to promote the efforts of programs and project.
- Assist Director of Public Relations with building PR plans.
- Edit and proofread copy for grammar, style, organization and consistency.
- Manage logistics and planning for press and internal events both local and at remote locations.
- Further develop and manage the team's relationships with key stakeholders, including external communications teams.
- Consult with vendors as necessary and manage PR vendor costs.
Education and Experience:
- Significant experience and success in project management, PR writing, and media relations are required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately under deadline in a busy office.
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to translate a large volume of information into clear, concise, user-oriented language.
- Basic knowledge of fiscal and accounting principles and practices.
- Experience working effectively in a team/shared leadership environment.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective, dynamic relationships with the media.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive outlook is a must.
- Bachelor's degree required in English, journalism, communications or a related field; Advanced degree preferred
- 5 - 7 years of experience in public relations; public relations agency experience is preferred.