Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Communications / Public Relations Manager is responsible for assisting the VP-GM and their GM’s in creating, implementing and monitoring a comprehensive community and public affairs tactical plan which will reinforce and support our local engagement strategy and our 3P objectives. The Communications/Public Affairs Manager must have the ability to partner effectively with regional contacts and must be a team player in this regard. Basic job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports GM’s in the development, Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of LAM public affairs and communications plans
- Be proactive in the development and distribution of regularly scheduled news releases
- Assist GM’s/ VP-GM’s with the development and preparation of presentation materials
- Assist the GM’s with the development, implementation and measurement of community sponsorships and donations
- Assist the GM’s / VP-GM”S in the preparation on employee news letters
- Assist with the organization and implementation of significant employee meetings….3P, Employee Survey, Sr. Management visits etc.
- Primary responsibility and contact for social media programs and activities
- Provide regular reports on the activity and results on community and public affairs responsibilities
- Establish appropriate media contact throughout their geographical area of responsibility
- Coordinate media contacts during service emergencies and service outages
- Be active in community affairs and local organizations
- Participate in local engagement activities
Length of experience preferred:
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Public Policy, Communications or related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Communications.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Facebook & Twitter
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Experience managing entry-level subordinates
- Ability to understand complex legal documents
- Ability to take initiative on advocacy and policy development
Please have at least two writing samples available upon request.