Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Public Relations Manager reports to the Director of College Relations to
facilitate media coverage that effectively supports the mission, goals, and programs of the College, and to enhance communication with community, faculty, staff and students.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
- Develops content for all forms of college communications: media releases, e-newsletters, newsletters, plasma screens, web, social media, magazines, journals, etc.
- Develops and publishes a regular e-newsletter to college employees, The Courier, as well as the morning Newswatch.
- Enhances the college’s reputation across the region, state and nation by providing timely articles or editorial proposals, programs or program proposals, to print, broadcast, online, and other news outlets.
- Evaluates the college’s news coverage and messaging, recommends opportunities for improvement, and works to maintain positive relationships with area media representatives.
- Works with the Director to develop and implement the college’s emergency communications plans.
- Works with the Director to create and implement public relations events beneficial to communication the college’s mission: community forums and dialogs, press conferences, etc.
- Performs other duties to improve the effectiveness of communications and goodwill for Lee College via the media, as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Mass Media, or a directly related field and three (3) years experience in a communications or public relations position, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrate exceptional writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Exhibit the highest degree of ethics, professional integrity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced team environment.
- Proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish, as well as English, is a plus.
- Proficiency in digital photography.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The search committee will begin reviewing applications on Monday, May 6th, 2013.
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.