Established in 1972, Nutrisystem Inc. (NASDAQ: NTRI), was founded on the principle of helping people change their lives and is now the leading provider of home-delivered weight loss meal plans. Nutrisystem offers balanced nutrition in the form of low glycemic index meal plans designed for men and women, including seniors, vegetarians and the Nutrisystem® D® program for people with diabetes or at risk for type 2 diabetes. In 2012, Nutrisystem introduced a new in-store retail line, Nutrisystem® Everyday products, comprised of nutritionally balanced bars, smoothies, bakery and breakfast items aimed at consumers who aspire to eat healthier.
At Nutrisystem, were committed to helping people change their lives and believe that our dedication to success starts with the people who work for us. Our employees are talented, inspired and driven, in which we strive to maintain a workplace that honors those talents and hard work. Due to the enthusiasm and passion of our employees, Nutrisystem was recently named a National Strategic Partner of the American Diabetes Association, in recognition of its commitment to the mission and goals of the Association.
Headquartered in Fort Washington, PA (northwestern suburb of Philadelphia), Nutrisystem and its employees have truly made an impact by helping its customers lose over an estimated 71 million pounds in the past decade, and are now looking forward to helping America shed millions of more pounds in the years to come.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management team.
- Develops and maintains media contact database.
- Manages internal communications and works closely with the Human Resources team.
- Maintains company history, press kits, etc. to ensure all collateral is current.
- Develops and writes various marketing materials to include press releases, bios, fact sheets, statements and other corporate communications.
- Monitors media coverage.
- Handle all press release postings on PR Newswire.
- Handles press interview prep to include overviews and creating talking points.
- Maintains and helps manage Public Relations budget.
- Works closely with celebrity spokespeople, celebrity chef council and every day success stories in securing media placement opportunities.
- Manages and maintains Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program.
- Works with Public Relations team to develop strategy and story ideas.
- Proactively pitches stories to member of the media to include television, social media, print, web and radio.
- Handles all incoming media inquiries.
- Assist Investor Relations as needed.
- Event planning and management of public relations and company events.
- Manages annual success story contest and success story FTC Updates.
- Manages public relations social media handles and collaborates with Social Media team to maximize companys social media brand awareness.
- Manages company electronic press kit, corporate blog and media newsrooms.
- Acts as a Company spokesperson as needed.
- Member of the Employee Communications Team and assist with all Company events.
Education and Experience - Bachelor degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications; 4+ years of professional experience in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Experience in both developing and leading successful media relations, social media and corporate communications efforts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Event planning skills with the ability to put together production shoots, media days etc.
- Demonstrate proven ability to multi-task, organize and follow through.
- Ability to work in a group, as well as individually in completing assignments to achieve team and individual goals.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Extensive relationships with members of the media
- Manage departmental task assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work across all departments, to include the executive team.
- Crisis communication experience.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Computer Skills - Kno wledge of the Internet, Microsoft Office and Outlook, as well as Twitter and Facebook.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Problem Solving -Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Motivation - Strong self-motivation ability; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands require ability to work the shift assigned, as well as evenings and weekends when needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is typical of an office environment.
NutriSystem, Inc - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard