PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads - everywhere our customers earn their living - Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
Peterbilt Motors Company is looking for a Public Relations Manager for our Division office located in Denton, Texas. The Public Relations Manager will manage Peterbilt's public relations activities to enhance company image and maximize brand exposure in trade publications and general media outlets. They will participate in truck industry communication activities as a Peterbilt representative. They will also provide communication support to community, Peterbilt, and PACCAR sources. The PR Manager will provide executive team speaker support through speechwriting and presentation visuals. They will direct art and supervise photography and video. They will also manage in-house magazine editorial content and production.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
This position will manage the following:
- Manage Peterbilt’s public relations activities to enhance company image and achieve competitive ranking in Share of Voice rankings (exceed retail sales market share).
- Participate in truck industry communication activities as a Peterbilt representative.
- Provide communication support to community, Peterbilt, and PACCAR sources.
- Provide speaker support through speechwriting and presentations.
Strategize, create and manage content for www.peterbilt.com and other electronic communication.
- Art direct and supervise photography and video.
- Manage First Class magazine editorial and content and production.
- Manage Social Media initiatives, including strategic planning and content.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, Communications, or related field. MBA preferred.
- 5 years experience in public relations and/or marketing communications
- 2-4 years in heavy duty or auto industry required.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business Administration, or related degree required.
- MBA preferred
- Establish good working relationships with peers and department team members and effectively interact will all levels of management.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office including FrontPage and Publisher
- Effective, efficient communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good time management skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
PACCAR Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Global and diverse opportunities! Smart and creative colleagues! Exciting assignments and growth prospects! What drives your career? Find...