Founded in 1999, QuinStreet, Inc. (QNST) is the leader in vertical media and marketing online, consistently delivering the right leads at the right volume to thousands of industry-leading clients and business brands. The company’s full-service approach combines direct marketing expertise, vast search and media reach, and industry-leading technologies to deliver dramatically improved results for clients. QuinStreet is headquartered in Foster City, CA, with satellite offices worldwide.
QuinStreet is seeking an experienced Public Relations Manager with strong writing and verbal communications skills to handle public relations for our personal finance websites. The ideal candidate will write attention-getting press releases and emails to journalists, measure the effectiveness of releases using Vocus, and use social media to publicize our work.
This is a work from home position.
- Write effective press releases to promote our personal finance content and spokespeople
- Use social media to promote our efforts and develop relationships with media influencers
- Track and report the effectiveness of public relations efforts
- Maintain communication with media to promote our spokespeople as sources
- Respond quickly to media requests
Equal Opportunity Employer
- B.A. in communications, public relations or journalism
- 2+ years experience in the public relations field
- Demonstrated ability to develop public relations materials including well-written press releases, emails and PR update presentations
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Proven ability to pitch and secure national and local print, web, and broadcast media coverage
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks daily
- Have a thorough understanding of social media platforms and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Vocus is desirable
- Familiarity with personal finance is a plus
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Quinstreet - 21 months ago