Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc® and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 42,400 kiosks across over 34,600 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Walmart locations and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.redbox.com Information about Coinstar can be found at www.coinstar.com .
The Redbox Instant by Verizon brings together two innovative companies known for creating brands that customers trust and products consumers want. With immediate DVD and Blu-ray rental through Redbox and instant broadband content from Verizon, we’ll be uniquely positioned to deliver the best of both worlds – physical and digital – to all consumers nationwide. We’ll make it easy for everyone to access and enjoy the entertainment they want to see, using any providers’ mobile or home broadband service – anytime, anywhere.
Working at Redbox Instant by Verizon means you can enjoy the freedom and creativity of a start-up business with the resources of two recognized, established companies, plus more opportunities, more fun, more flexibility, more “wow”. You’ll do this with the aid of world-class technologies and services at your disposal. By creating new choices for our customers, you’ll take entertainment to a new level.
Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager will serve as an integral member of its in-house Public Relations & 360 Communications Team. Reporting to the Director, Public Relations, this candidate will be responsible for managing the planning, coordination and execution of Redbox Instant by Verizon public relations outreach to further the Redbox Instant by Verizon brand. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who possesses excellent leadership, public relations strategy, project management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Oversee a wide variety of public relations projects that effectively promote and create consistency around the Redbox Instant by Verizon brand.
- Implement strong writing skills to develop a wide variety of written communications materials from newsletter articles and press releases to fact sheets and Web copy.
- Distribute press materials and proactively pitch the media to promote the efforts of Redbox Instant by Verizon programs and project.
- Assist Director of Public Relations with building PR plans.
- Edit and proofread copy for grammar, style, organization and consistency.
- Manage logistics and planning for press and internal events both local and at remote locations.
- Further develop and manage the team's relationships with key stakeholders, including Redbox and Verizon internal and external communications teams.
- Consult with vendors as necessary and manage PR vendor costs.
Education and Experience:
- Significant experience and success in project management, PR writing, and media relations are required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately under deadline in a busy office.
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to translate a large volume of information into clear, concise, user-oriented language.
- Basic knowledge of fiscal and accounting principles and practices.
- Experience working effectively in a team/shared leadership environment.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective, dynamic relationships with the media.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a positive outlook is a must.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- Bachelor's degree required in English, journalism, communications or a related field; Advanced degree preferred
- 5 - 7 years of experience in public relations; public relations agency experience is preferred.
Redbox - 10 months ago
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...