This position will be responsible for leading corporate communications efforts for Specific Media and Myspace, with a goal of strengthening the company’s competitive positioning, and formulating the company’s strategic position by leveraging the communications functions as a powerful tool to drive growth and meet business objectives. Key to this role is the understanding of strategic communication, crisis management and internal communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key media that cover the span of Specific Media’s interests and targets.
- Lead in developing the PR strategy for all Specific Media brands and companies, integrating messaging across all media channels and creating new momentum for the brands through relevant and innovative outreach.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for the company’s external PR agencies to ensure successful execution of outlined PR plans.
- Direct the execution of media strategies and PR programs to ensure quality media coverage for all Specific Media brands.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key top-of-line press and social media influencers and bloggers; also direct relationships with trade press/influencers in support of business line communications.
- Oversee all external media relations to achieve favorable coverage and advance the company’s strategic brand transformation.
- Translate executive business vision into strategic messaging platforms and effective communication that effectively reaches industry and trade media.
- Develop communication framework, key themes and narrative calendar.
- Oversee development of communications materials that consistently reflect the brand and ensure they are being effectively utilized throughout the organization.
- Develop press materials, briefing documents, backgrounders, media presentations, messaging pillars, media pitches, executive interview narratives, etc., to help drive relationships with key business and trade reporters and secure positive coverage.
- Manage routine media relations issues, including matters of crisis communication.
- Develop and implement a strategy of open communication with Specific Media stakeholders and employees, ensuring they receive timely and accurate information about the company, its goals and accomplishments through all available channels including direct communication, the corporate intranet and company newsletter, etc.
- Improve processes and build framework for understanding role of PR and marketing by educating internal stakeholders.
- Design message extraction modules to aid in the synthesis of value propositions and key messaging points.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies/education and experience:
- 4 – 5 years experience in public relations
- 1 – 2 years agency experience in-house a plus
- Experience in Consumer technology or entertainment industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have experience with making pitches to news media, i.e. reporters
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong Internet research skills
- Strong Skills in MS Office and Adobe Suites
Specific Media - 2 years ago