We’re looking for someone with B2B PR and marketing communications experience, preferably in high technology. The PR Manager is responsible for leading Tripwire’s public relations program. This individual plays a critical role in shaping the way Tripwire is perceived by key audiences around the globe. This role is responsible for enhancing our brand awareness and is accountable for driving positive PR outcomes in mainstream media globally.
The ideal candidate has the energy, drive and passion to create engaging content that gains exposure in media outlets. S/he also coordinates all press releases, customer success stories, award submissions and analyst activity. The PR manager partners with other departments to ensure consistency of messages, continuously monitors coverage and reports the effectiveness of all PR activities.
- Develop, execute and drive creative PR plans that will grow company coverage and brand awareness
- Lead messaging development to support announcements, initiatives, and issues with the goal of educating target audience groups and demonstrating momentum
- Build both corporate brand and product brand presence through innovative and effective PR and social media campaigns
- Write creative pitches, press releases, and internal communications that are engaging and highly persuasive
- Drive outreach to business, corporate, technology trade and other press/bloggers
- Build strong relationships with key journalists, analysts and influencers
- Demonstrate rigorous attention to detail, with a proactive 'can do' attitude and delivering all projects on time and contributing positively to the success of the team
- Devise and drive influential and creative PR programs that significantly boost company's corporate, product and customer win coverage in different regions and verticals
- Look at trends to ensure relevant and competitive company coverage
- Integrate PR into marketing and advertising campaigns
- Proactively feature and track speaking opportunities
- Secure industry leading awards for company products and services in key publications
- Provide post mortem analysis of PR activities as needed; oversee coverage tracking/reporting and merchandise to key stakeholders
- Organize and manage successful regional press tours and events
- Coordinate analyst briefings and meetings, summarize highlights and communicate with other stakeholders in the company
- Natural affinity for social media and deep understanding social networking media landscape is a plus
- Candidate must be a self-starter who works well both independently and as part of a team.
- A minimum of 5 years of public relations experience, preferably with information security companies serving the global B2B technology market
- A degree in marketing/journalism or a related field is required or a combination of applicable education and experience
- Strong background in media relations, public relations writing, strategic planning & execution, project management, coordination of tours/events and proven interaction with partners, media and vendors
- Must demonstrate analytical and strategic thought in plans and programs, as well as demonstrate execution of creative programs
- Ability to work independently and make contributions to other teams
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Good judgment and thinking to develop solutions to problems
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Experience with keywords and meta tags preferred
- Intimate knowledge and understanding of Security domain preferred
Tripwire - 14 months ago
TOP 6 REASONS TO JOIN TRIPWIRE:
1. We have been named one of Oregon’s best places to work… three years running!
2. We are...