Public Relations Manager
Marketing | Seattle, WA, United States
Currently seeking an innovative and motivated PR Manager to drive business and tech media relations, create the PR agenda, lead day-to-day agency management, develop communication materials, and manage community relations. The PR manager must have a high level of executive presence as they will be regularly interfacing and providing communications council to the CEO and executive team. The candidate must be both a strong leader and collaborator with solid writing and communication skills. Must be detail oriented and have the ability to proactively follow up on all projects and see them through to completion. This is a fast paced environment and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines is essential. Position reports to Director, Brand and Communications.
Responsibilities will include:
Media relations, agency management, and corporate communications including:
- Develop the PR agenda
- Provide communications council to the CEO and executive team.
- Engage in routine media outreach based on news, issues and new product features
- Draft media relations materials
- Developing and driving results for annual plan and editorial calendar
- Driving local media relations
- Work closely with the brand team to align messaging across all channels
- Being pulse on business and providing council on what/when we can pitch
- Vetting stories ideas
- Assist with Executive Management Team communication including business announcements, acquisitions, presentations, etc.
- Coordinating samples with buyers and managing PR relationships with vendors
- Manages PR budget and invoicing process
Skills and Qualifications should include:
- 5-9 years of related PR experience (consumer products, media, agency or corporate environment)
- BS / BA degree
- Must have knowledge and experience of traditional and new / social / digital media PR tactics.
- Excellent communication and writing skills are essential
zulily - 2 years ago