Public Relations Specialist
Fond du Lac
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Weeks Per Year
Summary of Work Schedule - Academic
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week - Academic
Summary of Work Schedule - Summer
Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week - Summer
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Public Relations Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible for writing and disseminating College news and information; and establishing and maintaining relationships with district, state and national media to provide for the continued growth and support of the College’s Public Information efforts.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain internal communications with key information sources within the College to assure the Public Information and Advertising Office is aware of newsworthy events and story possibilities.
2. Develop story lines and conduct research and interviews as appropriate to prepare feature articles and press releases.
3. Write and disseminate press releases and feature articles to print, broadcast and electronic media outlets. Create awareness of and maintain the College’s Experts Directory and Media Kit.
4. Foster positive relationships with local media by answering inquiries, suggesting news stories and maintaining regular personal contact. Develop secondary outlets for Moraine Park news stories, including national media, school newsletters, business and industry publications, etc.
5. Write copy and design layout for Lavatory Links news and events calendar.
6. Assist with marketing and communications related to Legislative Advocacy.
7. Take photographs as necessary for the College’s news reporting function. Organize and maintain the Public Information Office’s photos and photo releases.
8. Monitor, analyze and organize Moraine Park’s news coverage.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or other related field.
2. Two years of Journalism, Communication or Public Relations experience.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective relationships with the media, students, staff, business and industry, legislators, and the general public.
5. Expertise in public relations and journalism processes and procedures including Associated Press Style. Ability to meet deadlines and to schedule, prioritize and organize multiple projects.
6. Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with diverse populations.
7. Ability to work independently under pressure, exercising good judgment with minimum supervision.
8. Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with media monitoring software, Quark, InDesign or other design software.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of digital photography; electronic communications, including Web and social media; and familiarity with advertising concepts.
10. Thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, English usage and punctuation.
11. Possession of a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty, support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Moraine Park Technical College - 23 months ago