The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for assisting the PR team with multiple programs and projects including but not limited to: Speaker Program, Sponsorships, News Blogs, Media Targets and Monitoring. Primary focus areas will be research, draft writing, monitoring and metrics, assisting the PR team in informed and timely PR campaigns and outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Speaking Engagement Program
Writing and Editing
- Researches and compiles data for key conferences with speaking opportunities
- Prepares documents for “Call for Speakers”
- Solicits internal and external speakers
- Develops speaker bio’s as needed
- Develops attendee evaluation for select speaking engagements and compiles results
- Drafts promotional copy for speaking engagements
- Drafts Blog posts for speaking engagements and article placements
- Researches and summarizes 2012 activities
- Determines spend to estimate 2013 budget
- Facilitates payment and other requests associated with sponsorship agreements
- Other program management, marketing or publicity tactics to be determined
- Updates current media list on an ongoing basis
- Researches association publications, newsletters and ListServs
- Develops new media lists for select markets.
- Researches media sponsors and press attendees for select conferences
Measurement and Analysis
- Reviews daily monitoring reports and identifies errors
- Reports errors and issues to vendor and tracks through to resolution
- “Tagging” of placements
- Generates weekly reports of coverage
- Reconciles Google Alert results on an ongoing basis, and compares to monitoring report
- Manual upload of missed coverage as needed
- Analyzes coverage of Press Releases using the PR Newswire distribution reports
- Measures and captures traffic increases to website resulting from Press Releases or News Blog posts
- Tracks PR Newswire invoices and quarterly report
- Evaluates key placements and determines leverage activities
- Collects data from multiple sources and supplement for evaluation of PR opportunities (press releases, blog posts, speaking engagements, webinars, case studies, etc.
- Proactively seeks out new publicity opportunities
- Other projects to be determined
- Undergraduate degree in communications/journalism preferred, or business/marketing
- One to three years relevant experience
- Creative, detail-oriented and capable of balancing multiple responsibilities
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Contributes effectively while performing with minimal supervision
- Tech-savvy; learns new software and systems quickly
- Creative, out-of-the box, problem-solver
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
Other important information about this position:
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passionate about the PR profession
- Motivated, analytical, and results driven
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- This position is typically based in a corporate office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
ProQuest - 15 months ago
If your professional quest requires serious research, you might try ProQuest. The company provides access to and navigation of more than 125...