SMA America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
SMA America is an E-Verify Employer.
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Public Relations Specialist
Job Code: 2013-MARKETIN-003
Department: Marketing General
Status: Full Time Regular
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for creating communication pieces for publication and distribution, and serving as a liaison between the media, public, customers, and the Company. Duties include creating press materials such as press releases and press kits, media relations, general writing and reporting, and assisting with other internal and external marketing efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Marketing team to develop public relations strategies and execution surrounding high-visibility events, key partnerships, company milestones, product launches and promotions.
- Prepares and distributes fact sheets, news releases, photographs, scripts, and video for media representatives and other individuals to communicate key messages.
- Tracks media results and compiles reports.
- Assists with social media efforts.
- Assists with coordination and planning of media events and tours.
- Updates and maintains press kit documents including fact sheets, organizational profiles, and management biographies. Interfaces with designers on image and collateral needs.
- Plans, researches, writes, edits, and coordinates various documents and publications for internal and external use.
- Assists with general internal and external marketing efforts including media campaigns, promotions, projects, trade shows, and open houses.
- Assists with incoming public relations inquiries (media, public, academic, customer, and vendor) and ensures requests are handled professionally.
- Maintains and updates database of media contacts and editorial calendars.
- Generates and pursues editorial opportunities through story pitching, contributed material, and other media solicitation.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
Education and Experience
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, English or marketing is preferred.
- At least four years of experience in public relations, marketing or communications support is required.
- Technology, renewable energy and/or agency experience preferred.
- Knowledge of communication mediums for publication and distribution is preferred.
- Knowledge of AP writing style is required.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Creative thinking and ability to work well within a collaborative group is required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to think creatively and participate as part of a team.
The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit or stand for extended periods of time, talk, hear, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to type, use the hands to manipulate objects, lift, carry, bend and squat.
- The employee is occasionally required to drive or travel long distances.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment is constrained to a standard office environment, with occasional functions in an unconditioned warehouse space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is not regularly exposed to hazards.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Requires a flexible schedule, as evening or weekend work may be required.
- A valid California state driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required.
- This position may require periodic domestic and international travel.
SMA Solar Technology - 10 months ago