Be responsible for promoting and enhancing Whole Foods Market’s position as a progressive and involved business and thought leader with members of the media, community and general public. Proactively create opportunities for Whole Foods Market to share relevant stories through the media that ultimately drive traffic to Whole Foods Market locations.
Media Relations (60%)
· Creates, plans and manages annual strategic public relations calendar that advances the company’s sales, public relations and reputational goals
· Develops strong, relevant and productive media relationships on behalf of WFM in Midwest markets
· Drives positive exposure for the company through various media channels including print, television, radio, digital and social media platforms
· Be a proactive and involved member of the WFM marketing team partnering cross-functionally to drive core marketing programs through the PR function and point-of-view
· Trains and prepares senior leadership team for a variety of media and public speaking opportunities
· Manage resources and direct strategy of external PR agencies in US and Canada; work closely with national PR resources in the development and dissemination of key PR messages
· Coordinates WFM activities in reactive and crisis communications
· Uses strong writing skills to produce media materials, internal communications documents and other related content
· Develops, writes and edits marketing materials including ads, in-store POP, brochures, e-newsletters, fact sheets, talking points and website content Including creative writing/headline generation in addition to basic product copy
· Act as primary editor and secondary proofreader for all marketing collateral and communications
· Liaise with marketing and community relations specialists to drive unit-level goals and develop PR discipline within the marketing team
· Act as the regional trainer preparing team members on media, community and civic engagement opportunities
The candidate must have/be:
· 4-6 years relevant internal or agency public relations experience, preferably with a retailer, grocer or national consumer brand; B2C experience required
· Hands-on tactical, strategic and planning experience with a track record of generating high-value media coverage
· Demonstrated superior writing skills that maintain defined brand personality/tone in a wide variety of media and consumer materials (all considered applicants will be asked to submit writing samples); strong editing skills
· Ability to multi-task and perform effectively in a team environment as a leader, while enhancing the overall performance of the team and its members
· Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to details and deadlines a must
· Solid experience educating, developing and partnering with individuals at a variety of levels
· Have a good knowledge of principles of client service
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related or equivalent experience
· Experience with reporters - pitching/being valuable source; prepping company spokespeople for detailed interviews and serving as a company spokesperson
· Willing to travel up to 20% domestically and to Canada
Preference given to candidates who:
· Have experience developing and/or coordinating execution of consumer events and dealing with consumer media in the food, lifestyle and wellness categories
· Have knowledge of crisis P.R., especially when it comes to food safety and issues management
· Already live in Chicago, IL, home of the Whole Foods Market MW regional office, and interest in organics, the environment and wellness
· Have FOOD and RETAIL P.R. experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores.
To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 16 months ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275...