PRIMARY PURPOSE OR RESPONSIBILITY:|
Responsible for receiving and transmitting routine and emergency telephone and radio messages. Viewing camera surveillance systems and identifying issues important to the departments mission.
1. Answers emergency telephone requests for police, fire and medical emergencies.
2. Dispatches police, required equipment, or arranges for response from other departments, as appropriate.
3. Maintains radio communication with University police units and for maintaining logs of the activities of each officer.
4. Maintains various departmental files including criminal records and confidential files.
5. Assists in training new telecommunications.
6. Performs a variety of clerical and typing work.
7. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Zero to twelve-month satisfactory work experience, a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent, and successful completion of a POST Basic Dispatch Certificate within one year of hire; or equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
Union membership required.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Basic computer skills in Windows operating system, Microsoft Word and MS Excel.
Ability to read maps and retain street, building, and compass directions.
Able to research and gather information from telephone interviews.
Effectively communicate over telephone and radio equipment.
Knowledge in the use of surveillance cameras.
Ability to remain calm in difficult or stressful situations.
Constant sitting with repetitive use of hands and wrists. Frequent use of phones and computer. Occasional standing, walking, stooping and grasping. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone.
Must be willing to work evenings, night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Send Application to :
c/o The Department of Human Resources
University of the Pacific - 22 months ago