1. Investigates crimes and other violations of Mass. Law and Ordinance. Makes arrests, or sets up appropriate complaints for court for those in violation as needed;
2. Ability to communicate using modern technology related to law enforcement. Ability to obtain, record and relay information accurately.
3. Escorts patients as needed;
4. Assists in the escorting of deceased patients
5. Observe and detain patients who are in crisis and deemed in need of special services.
6. Investigates individuals or situations that appear to be of a suspicious nature;
7. Provides Safety Escorts as needed
8. Generates reports and logs as required.
9. Functions as a team member, participating in follow through or work that needs to be completed from the previous shift or weekend.
10. Adheres to proper attendance and absenteeism policy;
11. Demonstrates a professional, calm and courteous manner at all times.
12. Provides for the safety and security of all patients, visitors and staff
13. Maintains professional competency by staying up-to-date on the changing trends of Law Enforcement procedures and practices;
14. Understands and demonstrates competency in all posts and duties
15. Complies with organizational and departmental policies and procedures
16. Secure and Patrol Alliance Properties Identifies the unique needs and implements appropriate interventions for the age-specific categories circled below: 1. Neonate 2. Pediatric 3. Adolescent 4. Adult (18-59) 5. Geriatric (60 +) Identifies and manages any special issues, concerns and risks for age specific populations. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed relating to Public Safety.
Organizational Duties and Responsibilities: Is responsible for creating a respectful environment for ourpatient and ourselves. Demonstrates respect for differences in language, culture, race, religion, citizenship, gender, and sexual orientation and does not discriminate on the basis of income, insurance status, immigration status, or disability; Complies with the Alliance policy on confidentiality of information regarding patients, families and co-workers; Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and clean; Completes annual educational requirements and in-service training as required. Wears proper uniform and identification while on duty Reports to work as scheduled and ready to receive assignments; minimal unscheduled absences. Attends meetings and participates in committees on Public Safety related issues Strives to provide excellent and timely customer service Understands principles of criminal justice. Demonstrated good communication skills. Public relations oriented. Respectful in attitude and appearance.
Education/Experience: A minimum of a high school diploma/GED certificate. One year of college training in law enforcement, security or related field or completion of basic law enforcement training is preferred. One year prior experience in security, loss prevention and/or criminal justice. Basic knowledge of security and law enforcement practices. Ability to solve problems on an independent basis. Ability to produce concise, accurate and well written reports. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Licensure: Possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts Drivers License Valid Massachusetts FID Card Certifications: CPR Certificate First Responder
Cambridge Health Alliance is a vibrant, integrated healthcare delivery system dedicated to providing essential services to all members of...