Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: Public Sector
State & City: VA-McLean
Travel Requirements: 0-20%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 38901BR-0
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 169,000 people in over 158 countries across the PwC network are committed to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. People across the PwC network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
From strategy through execution, PwC Advisory helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world's second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world's largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
In today's changing environment, government agencies are seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies. Our growing Public Sector Advisory practice provides management consulting, technology consulting and risk consulting services to help government agencies anticipate and address their most complex challenges. Our Public Sector practice works with Federal, State and Local Governments as well as International Agencies on a range of complex matters. Additionally, our Junior Military Office program provides an opportunity for service members who excelled in their military career to continue serving their country through Public Sector consulting.
Professionals in PwCs Public Sector practice are subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Our Strategy consultants help clients optimize their business. This high performing team helps with strategy growth and development, strategy transformation, analytics and strategic decision making, M&A strategy, and commercial and market due diligence.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and proven success with a role, executing various aspects of the business or information technology-related client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including knowledge of an industry or functional domain and expertise in at least two of the following areas:
- Statistical Analysis and Techniques
- Customer, Product and Pricing Analysis
- Business and Operations Analysis within marketing, operations, or risk analysis using quantitative techniques
Demonstrates significant experience working with analytical models or techniques and the ability to apply such methods to an applicable challenge within the larger field of expertise. This background should include:
- Visualization techniques and tools
- Advanced analytics techniques (regression, simulation, etc)
- Applicable sources of external, internal or new data sources to support analytic methods and visualization techniques
- Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Customer an industrial Products and Services, Manufacturing or Telecom Industries
Demonstrates thorough skills and/or proven success in a role participating in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment that utilize creative thinking skills and individual initiative, including the following:
- Analyzing large and complex data sets, including a demonstrated thorough aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member: understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
- Identifying and addressing client needs, building relationships with clients, developing requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks, researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilizing problem-solving skills, and communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment
- Coaching and collaborating with associates who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance
- Understanding how the application of analytical techniques correlated to business value
- Being able to select the appropriate analytical techniques for the problem at hand
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
Bachelors Degree (BS or BA) in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar quantitative discipline
This role within the Data Analytics practice will support the gathering, interpreting, and analyzing of large volumes of data and apply statistical, econometric, business and computer-assisted analytical skills to provide cost-effective, proactive management information and solutions to complex business issues and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our clients. In addition, this role will support the managing and analyzing of this relevant data, enhancing our clients' ability to make better informed decisions and improve their controls and risk management environment. Data Analytics professionals build data analysis and reporting capabilities that facilitate decision making processes and support a variety of data intensive evaluation, risk management, and transformational efforts, Data Analytics professionals participate in the development and implementation of quantitative and qualitative analysis that supports improved operations, business decision making and continuous performance and risk monitoring.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...