Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: Public Sector
State & City: WA-Seattle
Travel Requirements: 21-40%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 37134BR-0
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
At PwC, you will find Advisory professionals with unparalleled financial and accounting expertise, knowledge of business processes, industry insight and technology, and customer relationship skills. Our Advisory professionals help companies anticipate, create and manage change. In short, we help companies to : (1) respond to crises, (2) improve business processes, and (3) transform their business. Note that across all of these solutions, we embed sustainability into our approach. This also includes helping clients to sustain prior changes that may have been undertaken to address a crisis.
Members of our Advisory practice provide a valuable service to our clients and strive to differentiate PwC by executing the following:
- We put our clients first: Each client situation is unique, and we tailor our approach to every relationship and engagement;
- We view the world from a client's perspective: From the initial client meeting onward, we listen first, and then assemble a hand-picked team from across the firm;
- We create lasting value for our clients: We bring together the precision, structure, and deep analytical capabilities of audit and tax and the creative mindset and problem-solving skills of consulting; and
- We focus on action, impact, and value: We don't just assess and recommend; we also help our clients implement with agility and flexibility.
In today's changing environment, government agencies are seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies. Our growing Public Sector Advisory practice provides management consulting, technology consulting and risk consulting services to help government agencies anticipate and address their most complex challenges. Our Public Sector practice works with Federal, State and Local Governments as well as International Agencies on a range of complex matters. Additionally, our Junior Military Office program provides an opportunity for service members who excelled in their military career to continue serving their country through Public Sector consulting.
PwC's IT Security, Privacy & Risk Consultants are a team of business integrators with extensive consulting and industry experience who help our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy through execution. A PwC consulting career may provide the opportunity to grow and contribute in our IT Security, Privacy & Risk competency that we apply to our clients' business issues every day, including a collection of security spectrum capabilities, including security strategy and governance, IT risk, security technologies, and cybercrime and breach response.
Position/Program Requirements:Knowledge Preferred:
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge in security and related problem-solving to develop and provide client-focused solutions to complex problems for their end-to-end security architecture (holistic, enterprise-wide view) and related protections, including:
- Various phases of designing security solutions--conducting analyses, developing specifications, designing, constructing, testing and implementing information into prototypes and deliverables
- Security standards and testing tools and methods
- Security solutions across data leakage protection, encryption, tokenization, event management, anomaly detection, log monitoring, file integrity, mobile security, endpoint security, applications, firewalls, networks, and enterprise wide security management tools
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with managing project and engagement workstreams within a progressive consulting environment and/or system security, controls or information security management environments, which include the following:
Travel requirements: 100%
- Leading various aspects of full lifecycle delivery of information security related initiatives, including vision and strategy development, vendor selection, business use-cases, requirements gathering, solution analysis and development--designing, building, testing, deploying and activating.
- Identifying and addressing client needs by developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow and budgets.
- Leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction, motivate team members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
- Abstracting the solution architecture into different views and domains, apply critical thinking skills, technical ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness to establish viable security levels and standards.
- Utilizing oral and written communication skills when interfacing and collaborating with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions, emphasizing a client-based focus to understand and respond approptiately to business requirements.
- Integrating work across relevant areas, emphasizing the development of business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks and safety appropriately, development and execution business plans, manage information, and providing of exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Exhibiting effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other security certifications preferred
Required Qualifications: Ability to relocate to Seattle, Washington Bachelors Degree required - Prefer Accounting or Information Systems Major 2 - 5 years information technology (IT) assessment or auditing experience in the federal space to include: risk and controls assessments, information security assessments, external or internal audit, and IT governance, as well as Sarbanes-Oxley, A-123 and/or FISMA compliance Recent experience in performing FISMA and FedRAMP controls readiness or assessments Familiarity with cloud computing technology, security, and risks a plus CISA preferred CISSP a plus Secret or Top Secret Clearance preferred Position-specific desired skills: Ability to travel roughly 30-40% around western US, and to Washington, DC Ability to deliver high quality, enterprise-wide, innovative services and solutions to large-scale clients Familiarity with assessing enterprise IT risks and making recommendations to enhance information assurance Experience identifying and testing IT general and application controls Experience working collaboratively with or leading engagement teams Excellent written and oral communication skills Demonstrated ability to work directly with clients and prepare/deliver presentations to senior officials Working knowledge of Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Government Accountability Office (GAO), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and other federal requirements and guidance
PwC - 23 months ago
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...