To provide necessary editorial support as directed for the publication of hyper-local focused news and information magazines throughout the country. This can include but is not limited to, online research, content creation, and content manipulation/editing.The Publication Assistant's primary responsibility is to support the efforts of Publication Manager's both centrally and field based in the production of monthly hyper-local news and information magazines.
Specific duties can include:
- Researching and reporting on local content from a variety of online resources.
- Conducting phone based interviews with community leaders or subjects of articles.
- Coordinating and creating community calendar's inclusive of interesting and engaging events.Excellent command of English
- Ability to use standard Microsoft office applications
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills
- High degree of technological aptitude, strong research abilities
- Experience building relationships and interviewing via the phone or other electronic mediums
- Ability to cope with tight timelines and a degree of stress
- 0-2 years of hands on journalism, preferably in a community driven organization.
Must score 85% on proofing tests (Matching - Alpha Numeric)
MS Word - beginner preferred
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago
Let your fingers do the walking through Yellowbook. Founded in 1930, Yellowbook is one of the country's oldest and largest independent...