Hyperion Biotechnology is seeking a Publications Clearance Program Assistant to support the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) in Silver Spring.
- Manage the daily operation of NMRC’s Command Publication Program.
- Coordinate with Field Laboratories Departments to perform regular and periodic assessments to ensure that policies and instructions are updated.
- Conduct audits of databases to ensure accuracy of information, identify and resolve problems, and follow up on outstanding issues.
- Refer potential concerns of non-compliance and/or unanticipated problems to Head ORA.
- Recommend modifications to existing policies and procedures and instruction as a result of new mandates or requirements from higher authorities or from new standards in the academic and professional communities.
- Prepare status reports for the Head, Office of Research Administration (ORA) and for other reporting authorities.
- Ensure that forms and submission packages are complete and accurate, requisite signatures are obtained, and relevant statements and disclaimers are included.
- Maintain easily accessible files and tracking systems for each submission from original abstract or manuscript submission through clearance processing and ending with final professional publication/presentation and receipt of publication reprints, copy of oral presentation (slides/text) and/or poster.
- Coordinate the Annual Science Paper of the Year Administrative activities.
- Serve as primary point of contact to receive nominations from NMRC Directors for qualified candidates.
- Collect and distribute reviewer packets to ad hoc panelists and receive votes from panelists upon completion.
- Coordinate with Administration Directorate point of contact for awards date.
- Provide administrative/project management support to the Human Research Protections Program.
- Receive all submissions and logging them in the tracking sheet.
- Route copies to the IRB Administrator, Research Compliance Officer and /or Head ORA as appropriate.
- Provide notification e-mails to investigators and Research personnel regarding approvals, expirations and other determinations as appropriate.
- Assist in internal ORA quality improvement initiatives, develop uniform ORA office policies, and prepare Standard Operating Procedures for work tasks.
- Track and manage ORA correspondence database.
- Assist with compilation and generation of the Command Operations Report as necessary.
- At least an Associate’s Degree or at least 3 years of experience with management and administrative services and has established professional knowledge and skills specified to the subject matter.
- Knowledge of coordinating regular, occasional and periodic assessments to ensure that policies and instructions are updated, maintaining easily accessible files and tracking systems for publications submissions packages and ending with final professional publication/presentation, conducting audits of databases to ensure accuracy of information, and other information products.
- Ability to demonstrate admin/project management support services for using the tracking sheet, routing copies, notifications of project status and assist with internal quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Type at least 50 wpm.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Experience with customer service operations.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
To apply: Please submit your resume / CV through this website only. No phone calls. Include your availability, citizenship or visa status, desired salary, and references.
Hyperion Biotechnology does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference.
If you would like to voluntarily self-identify, please click on the following link:
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. No question on this form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. The company is required by federal regulations to report information as requested below.
Your contribution of this information is completely voluntary and in no way affects the decision regarding your employment opportunity. The information you provide is strictly confidential and will be maintained separate from your application form.