As a member of the Design, Production, and Sales Support team, the Marketing Coordinator assists in a variety of efforts to promote SHRM Media print and digital products, advertising, sponsorship's and subscriptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee semiannual magazine ad study project, including vendor relations, logistics, communications with stakeholders and budget.
- Oversee timely production and mailing of renewal letters to expired/expiring magazine subscribers.
- Manage regular updates to SHRMs online media kit and related external sites, including copy, PDFs and images.
- Track various team projects/jobs to ensure deadlines are met and to manage expectations of stakeholders, contributors and internal/external vendors.
- Generate data files from sales and membership databases for use in bulk e-mail messaging or for other needs.
- Generate various reports to help team and other stakeholders track goals and trends.
- Contribute to the development of the overall marketing plan as well as strategies and tactics to promote specific products and achieve team goals.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials to promote display advertising in SHRM Media products, including monthly magazine, website, electronic newsletters and other channels.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials to promote sponsorship of SHRM Media events, such as educational webcasts, and opportunities related to SHRMs Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Assist in composition of promotional copy and editing/proofing draft copy to ensure accuracy/efficacy.
- Help with creation and transmission of bulk e-mail messages.
- Assist in research on a variety of topics, including competitive intelligence, prospective vendors, prospective clients, subscribers and audiences.
- Assist Circulation and Traffic Specialist with tracking sale sources and acting as backup with certain tasks.
- Perform or assist in other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree (preferably in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related discipline.
Three or more years of experience in marketing, advertising or corporate communications (ideally in publishing or with a non-profit association).
- Excellent writing and communication skills (preferably in composing promotional or advertising copy)
- Strong project management abilities
- Proficiency in MS Word and mail merge processes
- Proficiency in updating and querying databases/CRMs (specifically SalesForce and MS Access)
- Proficiency in bulk e-mail systems (specifically Convio)
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to switch gears quickly as priorities change
- Knowledge of publishing industry, advertising sales and circulation
- Proficiency in web design, HTML and/or content management systems
- Proficiency in graphic design, page layout, or photo manipulation
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Ability to travel out of state once or twice a year.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
No Relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE : If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.
washingtonpost.com - 7 months ago