We are currently looking for a talented Publications Assistant to join our Community Journals team within our rapidly growing San Francisco office.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and highly organized self-starter with first class communication and problem solving skills. Previous experience working in a fast paced environment is a must. The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating the functioning of the PLOS Pathogens community-run journal, by helping authors and reviewers through the peer review process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Operating our online submission system, Editorial Manager, to facilitate the peer review process for each journal
- Assisting authors, reviewers, and academic editors by answering queries by email and phone, uploading files, and ensuring a timely peer review process
- Communicating issues raised by our production team to authors
- Fielding questions from scientists, members of the public, and the press about the journals
- Supporting the Publications Managers in their tasks
- Other special projects as approved by the Publications Managers
- College graduate with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree is preferred
- Experience in publishing, preferably STM or academic
- Familiarity with content management systems. Able to work with all Microsoft Office applications
- Enthusiasm for science and/or technology, highly efficient, organized and flexible
- High level of maturity and sensitivity in resolving clients concerns
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) - 18 months ago