Radio Disney is a radio network devoted to kids, tweens and families. Part of the Disney Channels Worldwide portfolio, Radio Disney consists of 31 local stations across the country and satellite and digital media distribution.
The publicist will generate positive print, broadcast and online coverage in support of programming, talent and network events for assigned shows/properties. This position will also develop and execute publicity campaigns and serves as a press liaison.
- Generate story ideas, pitch and secure consumer and trade press coverage for Radio Disney and its programming, in both print and broadcast outlets, on an ongoing basis.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key members of the media and partners in other lines of business with in TWDC.
- Pitch features and profile story ideas to media outlets.
- Work with internal partners to find press stories for content and talent.
- Deadline writing of press materials including press releases, press kit materials, biographies, media alerts, strategic media plans, messaging and media pitches.
- Coordinate on-air talent press appearances and interviews.
- Coordinate press coverage for key network and local events
- Interact with Disney Channels Worldwide Publicists on Key Initiatives
- Interact with Network talent, executives and key stakeholders
- Compile and distribute press clippings
- Independently manage moderately sized campaigns and may partner with other publicists on larger campaigns
- 3 years publicity related experience required
- Experience pitching and writing in a PR capacity
- Must be computer literate including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal communications skills and writing skills are a must
- Ability to have a productive rapport with reporters who cover general entertainment/pop culture and music on a national and local level, as well as with key trade and tween outlet reporters
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive and capable of working as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detailed oriented with some knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Music industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Communications, PR or Journalism
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
“The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer”
The monarch of this magic kingdom is no man but a mouse -- Mickey Mouse. The Walt Disney Company is the world's largest media...