Publicity / Communications
Random House U.S.A
Image Books, a division of Random House, Inc., dedicated to publishing leading authors on topics of Catholic thought and practice, seeks a Publicist to join their publicity department based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This experienced professional will have hands-on responsibility for media coverage of all types in secular, Catholic and Christian venues for the titles they are assigned each season.
The goal is to maximum coverage for each title, specifically seeking coverage that will drive sales. This role is key to the Image Books team and the right candidate will participate actively in the overall publishing effort for all Image titles. This role may also handle titles in the evangelical Christian publishing efforts for our sister business, The WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group, from time to time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reads assigned titles, develops multiple creative angles for media outreach, and with supervisor, lays out publicity strategy on assigned titles. Aggressively promotes assigned titles to all media—tv, radio, print and online.
- Generates supporting press materials: writes press releases, author questions, various pitches for assigned titles.
- Through the creation of plans and potential author meetings, may be utilized in the author acquisitions process.
- Upon request, may assist the department manager with freelancer/vendor management.
Essential Abilities and Functions:
Experience and Education (minimum requirements):
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with authors, colleagues and freelancers/vendors.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail.
- Creativity, initiative, and persuasiveness.
- Computer skills: proficient in Word and Excel and willing/interested to learn additional computer skills as useful to accomplish the job.
- Knowledge of and interest in the media, the marketplace for our titles, and our competition.
About our company:
- College degree.
- Prior experience in book publicity highly desirable; minimum two years prior experience related specifically to media, publicity field required.
- Experience successfully landing media coverage in larger Catholic/Christian and/or mainstream media outlets and the resulting media relationships are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and interest in Catholic faith and practice highly desirable.
Random House, Inc. is the world's largest general trade book publisher. It is a division of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA, one of the foremost media companies in the world.
Thank you for your interest in Random House. Random House is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit application to:
Please apply using our online application process.
SAVE JOB TO MY PCP
Sign In Using Social Net
Random House - 21 months ago