About Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL•E, Up and most recently, Brave. The Northern California studio has won 29 Academy Awards® and its eleven films have grossed more than $6.5 billion at the worldwide box office to date. The next film release from Disney•Pixar is Monsters University (June 21, 2013).
Pixar offers an exciting internship program geared towards students wanting to pursue a career in Public Relations within the entertainment industry.
The 12-week internship is intended to give students valuable “hands on” experience and exposure to our unique environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn from working professionals!
- Assist in preparation and coordination of PR events, interviews, photo shoots, press tours, junkets and premieres
- Build a strong knowledge of Pixar, animated film and the film and Home Entertainment industry
- Oversee and distribute all press breaks to PR team, filmmakers and the Studio
- Assist in coordination of all aspects of Domestic & International Theatrical and Home Entertainment publicity campaigns, Pixar Park Attraction campaigns, Consumer Products publicity, Events and Pixar Short publicity
- Work with Events Publicist in coordination and execution of benefit screening programs
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with publicity team members and effectively balance and execute all demands and responsibilities
- Staff related Theme Park and Exhibit activities as needed
- Maintain oversight of all assigned intern projects and initiatives, including specifically the Feature Films press breaks book
- Build cross-functional relationships with other interns and participate and properly represent the PR Department in all Pixar intern activities
- Prepare timely follow-up communication, status reports and results reporting as needed
Background, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required at Minimum :
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and consistently meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong computer technical skills and Mac literacy required, including proficiency in PowerPoint or Keynote
- Willingness to take initiative and resolve problems
- Skilled in office and administrative tasks
- Knowledge of film, animation or entertainment industry required
- Degree focus in public relations or business a plus
Application Deadline: Term: Summer 2013 (June - August)
All applications must be submitted by midnight PST on Friday, March 29, 2013.
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This isn’t just a chance to work on great movies or tell stories. It’s your opportunity to bring imagination to life. At Pixar, we work side...